
I haven't written for over a week, and for good reason- I've been crazy busy with work! I work two jobs and just happened to pick up an extra shift at my part-time job for the last two weeks. Not a good time to pick up extra work if you ask me!
The time change almost killed me! It amazing what losing ONE hour can do to you. Of course I had an excellent night on Saturday, which resulted in me sleeping in on Sunday morning. Realizing that I not only slept in way too late, but also that I had to add an extra hour on there, destroyed my day.
I found myself awake at 2:00am unable to sleep because I was really only awake for a few hours during Sunday. Then an entire week of two jobs, an extra shift, and meeting up with people provides for some long days.
I understand the time change is meant to conserve energy, but I have a question: Why do we decide to turn back the time halfway through the year? Have we decided it's time to be wasteful again? I'm sure there is some underlying reason for it, but at this point it makes no sense to me. If Saskatchewan can stay with the same time year round, why is it necessary for everyone else to mess with it?
Give me another month and I'll feel rested enough to explore the logic in this...

No comments:
Post a Comment